Monday, May 21, 2012

I left the farm last week

Last week I left for a day or two and got away from the farm. I ran into two wonderful establishments and just had to mention them.

First off Heavenly Oils in Lee's Summit. I know everyone has probably already been there but it was the first for me. First rule they give you samples of the balsamic vinegars and they are meant to be just that.....testers not shots glasses as I soon found out. I continued for awhile shooting down my balsamic vinegars until my husband decided to tell me not to down the whole shot glass there. But they are wonderful flavors. I purchased the Traditioanl age 18 year balsamic vinegar and two oils: the Tuscan herb and Harissa which is an asian hotter oil. I have the harissa oil and the vinegar marinating on some pork chops for dinner. I know they'll be good.....

Second place is a small barber shop in Greenwood called Buzz. It's right next door to Old Glory & Friends. I was sitting there last week selling our produce and needed a haircut real bad. I begged the owner to cut my hair as I knew I might not back in town for awhile. He finally did and one of the best haircuts I have ever had. Now he doesn't tyically cut women's hair as he didn't have conditioner, curling irons or the fancy gel we might expect. But he is all set up for men's haircuts and one of the nicest people I have ever met.  So please all the women who read this don't flock to Buzz to get your hair done. I believe his pricing was $12.00 for the cut... Stop in and see him and tell him you saw this on my blog.

In a few days I'll have a berry report. They are just loaded with berries. Right now I have Swiss Chard and kale coming out my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment