Friday, June 24, 2011

I've been rather BUSY

OMG I've been so busy here and haven't updated my blog in weeks. Everyone is probably wondering what's been going on. My husband has been off from the Air Force now for a couple of weeks and we have been working in the berry patch everyday. My old body is wore out and tired but still much to do.

I did get the funding for the hoop house and we ordered that yesterday. I am supposed to pick that up next Wednesday. Now the task will be, can I get that up before Mark (husband unit) leaves?

I also have been selected for The Entrepreneurship Project though the University of Missouri. My first trip will be in St. Louise in late July. I'm excited about it and can't wait to learn and view farms across the US this summer and fall. The University of Missouri has allowed me to bring someone with me on each trip because of my husband being deployed. Holly Anne my daughter will attend the firsts trip with me. All the kids are excited about the Berry farm and each bring a different set of skills in which they help me. I'm so thankful for that. If you have time go to the University of Missouri and find the course to check out where the groups have been so far. http://muagentrepreneur.wordpress.com/ 

We are drilling a well on the farm to irrigate with. They have been at it for 3 days and ran out of pipe yesterday. We are putting the well next to the hoop house and hope to start the irrigation system next Spring.

Mark and I have been attending workshops and are having a great time while he's off. We recently went to the the Missouri Prairie Foundation tour and dinner. The tour was interesting but hot. The prairie had grasses over my shoulders and the trail was only 1 foot wide. The more we walked I just knew I was going to step on a snake somewhere. But we didn't. It was such a interesting walk looking at the native flowers and warm season grasses. We learned a lot and met all kinds of fun people who shared a common interest in nature.

I've taken a lot of pictures lately so I'll see if I can find them to post so you can see up close and personal what's happen here on the berry farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment